CEDIA announces new awards deadline
CEDIA has announced that the deadline for the upcoming 2017 CEDIA Awards has been extended by a week until Friday 19 May, 2017.
All applicants have until Friday 12 May, 11:59pm, to submit their entry into the awards, which will take place on Friday 29 September, 2017 at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter.
“As the industry continues to go from strength to strength, the association is aware that CEDIA members are busier than ever,” said Matt Nimmons, managing director of CEDIA EMEA.
“This year’s awards scheme has undergone a few changes, including a new entry system and revised award categories. We therefore believe it is in the members’ best interests to extend the entry deadline to 19 May to help ease the time pressure of managing all client work and award submissions. We hope that this week of grace will provide members with enough time to finalise and complete any outstanding entries to the best of their ability. We look forward to receiving all completed entries in the coming days.”
The CEDIA Awards 2017 categories are as follows:
• Best Media Room £20k and under *Revised*
• Best Media Room £20k - £80k *New*
• Best Media Room £80k and over *New*
• Best Home Cinema £40k and under
• Best Home Cinema £40k - £120k *Revised*
• Best Home Cinema £120k - £240k *New*
• Best Home Cinema £240k and over *New*
- Best Integrated Home £120k and Under *Revised*
• Best Integrated Home £120k - £240k *Revised*
• Best Integrated Home £240k - £360k *New*
• Best Integrated Home £360k and over *New*
• Best Innovative Solution *Revised*
• Best Auto, Marine and Aircraft Project *New*
• Best Special Project *New*
• Best Lighting Control and Installation *Revised*
• Best Multiple Dwelling Unit Design *Revised*
• Best Showroom
All completed entries will be automatically placed into two additional sub-categories, Best Documentation and Best Dressed Rack, free of charge. Category winners, alongside winners from the Americas and APAC regions, will also be entered into the CEDIA Global Awards where a panel of global judges will identify ‘the best of the best’.
All attendees to the black tie ceremony will receive exclusive access around the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, a three course dinner on Platform 9 ¾, and a drinks reception in the Great Hall. Tickets are now on sale for awards evening. The early bird discount is available until 30 June, 2017 with prices starting at £175 (+VAT) for members and £225 (+VAT) for non-members.
CEDIA has published a ‘How to Win a CEDIA Award’ webinar on its CEDIA HQ YouTube channel for guidance and advice on how to write a winning award entry.
All CEDIA entries are to be completed online via the CEDIA Awards website www.cedia.net/programs/awards. Tickets for the evening can also be purchased online at www.cediaawards.org/tickets.
Click below for more on: