CEDIA launches new CPD course on home cinema and media room design
CEDIA has unveiled a new Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training course for design and build professionals called ‘Designing Home Cinemas and Media Rooms’.
This new course is designed to help architects, interior designers, and property developers understand how to assist clients choose and specify rooms.
Accredited by the Royal Institute Building and Architecture (RIBA) and the British Institute of Interior Design (BIID), this course identifies what is needed to design and implement a home cinema or media room, focusing on the following objectives:
• Understand the difference between a home cinema and media room, and the basic vocabulary used to describe them.
• Understand how to raise awareness of home cinemas and media rooms, how to help clients choose and specify rooms.
• Understand all the components that make a good home cinema room and media room, including standards and best practices.
• Understand the design principles of sound and vision.
• Understand how to work with a system designer and look at requirements.